Who Are We?
Feral cat awareness team was originally created for the soul purpose of T-N-R or trap-neuter-return. Since then it has grown to be so much more than that. We are no longer limited to TNR and are now able to house cats that must be relocated because of dangerous living conditions or because they have no active caretakers. We have developed a working barn program and have relocated hundreds of cats into locations where they will have caretakers to feed and give them shelter.
Feral Cat Awareness Project's Mission is to implement the trap, neuter and return (TNR) method of population control, and promote the adoption of long-term, caretaker-based solutions regarding feral cats.
Or more specifically:
- Facilitate the work of caretakers in caring for feral cats and controlling feral cat population growth.
- Provide a communication network and support resources for caretakers.
- Project a strong unifying voice for feral cat caretakers and their colonies.
- Work with and educate property decision makers and governmental agencies in appropriate and humane solutions for feral cats.
- Implement and manage programs that benefit the constituencies we serve.